Saturday, March 28, 2009

Our Fishful Thinking Nature Walk

I have recently had the priviledge of becoming an ambassador for Pepperidge Farms Fishful Thinking Program. Part of my job as an Ambassador is to inform others about this wonderful resource that helps children to develop an attitude of optimisim.

The Fishful Thinking program provides tools parents need to teach their kids how to think optimistically about themselves and how to use their Optimism to overcome life's obstacles with a lot of fun activities that the whole family can enjoy.

If you would like to learn more about Fishful Thinking go here.

After the rain yesterday we decided to try out one of the activities and went on a Nature Sense walk. We talked about the five senses, and which one we wanted to concentrate on during our walk.

My 6yo chose touch. Yay mud, and wet! Lol. So we touched puddles, mud, leaves, tree bark, grass, a birds nest, and whole lot more. We ended by touching hand santitizer :)

Both my 14yo, and my 6yo old enjoyed spending time together, laughing and showing each other more things that they could touch.

When we got home they were both all smiles, and I had them write in our family journal. Both wrote how much fun they had, and my 6yo (who is just starting to put sentences together) wrote "I havd fun, mud is gud".

We had so much fun and I know that they will enjoy doing it again.

So give it a try...go havd fun with your kids, and don't worry cause I hear that mud is gud for you!

Blessings!
Dana

4 comments:

  1. Awesome post. So glad you've got a blog going!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job! Fun to read, flowed, wasn't overly wordy and captured the heart of your 6 year old perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the feedback! I've been wanting to give this a go for a while. I think I like it :)
    Dana

    ReplyDelete