I'm married to a great guy, have 3 fabulous kids, and everyday is a big adventure.
I'm an Independent Rep with Scent-Sations Mia Bella Candles, and a coach with Team Beachbody.
My favorite quote is by Ralph Waldo Emerson: “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Japanese Proverb: Fall down 7 times get up 8
After a few days of lovely green hospital jello, I returned home to find that my family had fixed one of my all time favorite desserts. Strawberry Pie!
Add a luscious surprise of hot fudge topping, and you have a recipe that has been a hit at every party, family event, and with all of my oldests daughter's college friends.
I found this recipe on one of my favorite recipe websites Pillsbury
Black Bottom Strawberry Cream Pie
1 Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crust (from 15-oz box), softened as directed on box 2/3 cup hot fudge topping 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened 1 cup powdered sugar 1 pint (2 cups) strawberries, quartered 1/2 cup strawberry pie glaze 1/2 cup whipping (heavy) cream, whipped, if desired
1. Heat oven to 450°F. Make pie crust as directed on box for One-Crust Baked Shell using 9-inch glass pie pan. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
2. Spread hot fudge topping in bottom of cooled baked shell. Refrigerate 1 hour.
3. In small bowl, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Carefully spread over chocolate layer in shell.
4. In medium bowl, gently mix strawberries and pie glaze. Spoon evenly over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
5. Just before serving, pipe or spoon whipped cream around edge of pie. Store in refrigerator.
We've make this pie a lot during strawberry season, and have used prepared graham cracker crust, cookie crust, and even substituted strawberry jello for the pie glaze. It is a delicious hit every time.