Monday, May 11, 2009

If Life Hands You Lemons Don't Drink The Lemonade!

On Friday a dear friend sent me an e-mail wishing me a Happy Mother's Day Weekend. I laughingly e-mailed her back with my own well wishes, and this quick little story...

Our friend owns a salvage yard, and last week my husband took Bubba with him to get tractor parts, and they got to see the car crusher in action. Our friend gave Bubba some old golf balls. You'd have thought it was Christmas! Bubba has told me that him, dad, and Boo are taking me someplace special and different for my special day. I'm hoping I don't get a trip to the junkyard!

Well I didn't get a trip to the junkyard which I defintely would have preferred to what I got!

On Friday I had what I thought was a bout of acid reflux. My prescription meds didn't help. I had a painful sleepless night, and by lunchtime Saturday my abdominal pain had gotten worse. My husband insisted get checked out at the emergency room. So we dropped the kids off at my sisters and headed to the er.

They poked, prodded, and continuosly asked me if I knew my name. After a few hours they gave me a thick green concoction to drink, they called it a "gastric cocktail". Then I received what appeared to be a half gallon sized cup of "lemonade". This needed to be gulped down before I could go for a CAT scan. It only stayed down long enough for them to get the CAT scan. For the record, it tasted the same going in, and coming out!

CAT results showed a large stone in my gall bladder. Hey who knew I could be like an oyster, and make my own pearls?

I spent Mothers Day having my gall bladder yanked out through my belly button, and totally in a drugged up haze. I'm still a little foggy today, so you will have to excuse any typos, and wierd stuff! I have restrictions for the next two weks, and may have trouble with cetain foods, but I am glad to be back home!

Next year I'm hoping for a trip to the junkyard!

Blessings,
Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment