Sunday, April 19, 2009

What Kind Of Doll Are You?


So I was poking around trying to get the hang of FB this morning and one of my friends asked the question “What Kind Of Barbie Doll Are You?” I laughingly posted “I’m not any kind of Barbie Doll, you know I’m more of a Cabbage Patch Doll”.

I logged out, but the question bounced around in my head. Somewhere way back in the day, there was a time I may have said “Oh yeah, I’m a “Princess Barbie”, but it was when I was searching and unhappy.


Today I’m definitely a Cabbage Patch Doll. You remember them don’t you? Why do I think I’m more like a Cabbage Patch?

Well unlike Barbie, Cabbage Patch do not have an hourglass shape. I used to have an hourglass shape, but that was pre-thyroid disease, pre-pregnancy, and 20 some years ago. Today I’m a shape, and that shape is round.

A Barbie Doll is hard, and un-huggable. A Cabbage Patch is soft, you can hold them close, and squeeze them. Kids are always hugging me, even those that don’t belong to me, and I love every minute of it.

Barbie is all about the accessories. You can buy her clothes, shoes, cars, dune buggies, airplanes, houses, furniture, etc. With Cabbage Patch Dolls you could get a change of clothes, and an adoption certificate, and that was pretty much it, they didn’t need the rest of that stuff, they were too busy being held, hugged and loved.

And lastly Barbie has to buy her friends. Cabbage Patch is a friend.

Please Note: I’m not a Bratz Doll either and for all the same reasons, but I'd have to add… I don't have balloon lips, and my feet are attached.

So tell me what kind of doll are you?

Blessings,

Dana

1 comment:

  1. LOL! Right now I am the "CHUCKY DOLL" from that bad movie...but after talking to a guy with a verrrry hot voice at GoDaddy.com, I am now Baby Alive....lol...can't really think.

    But...soft and squishy is SO much better. As I always say, "Be one with your chunkiness"...it's warm and cozy.

    ReplyDelete